Starbucks-fueled Developer

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Quite a Ways to Go

I have to admit, first off, that I feel guilty for openly asking a person hundreds of miles away specifically to view a post that I wrote because I don't know what I'm doing and frustrated with my lack of success. I feel as though I get paid to come up with solutions, not to create new problems and get outside help only to reaffirm the feelings of jumping in without being able to tred water. Granted, sometimes this is the way we learn: others showing were we went wrong so that we are less likely to make the same mistake again. But I feel as though I just hit the panic button and ran to the first person I knew, tugged on their shirt and said "fix it please" even though I probably spent about a whole day's worth of time trying to determine if it was even possible only to come up with the answer of "no"...

Truth-be-told, the near 8 hours of pseudo-prototyping and design testing and coming up with the no is what hurts most, closely followed by the feelings of giving up, throwing in the towel, and asking someone else to fix it...

Quite a ways to go, indeed...Thus I digress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home