Starbucks-fueled Developer

Friday, April 08, 2005

Jeff Palmero's TDD Presentation

I have been conversing off and on with Scott and I am looking to give a similar talk/presentation to my coworkers. I'm already anticipating the questions and concerns that were addressed in your meeting; they seem to be pretty prevelant throughout the community whenever TDD is mentioned.

I, too, am just starting to attempt to pick up this methodology and it can be quite daunting to say the least. One of my personal struggles is also feeling the need to learn OO design at the same time, particularly the GoF material. Hard stuff to swallow all at once...

For my talk, I'm struggling to come up with a good demo. One that the audience will be able to grasp and sink their teeth into. I'd really be interested if anyone has any input as to good, simple sample applications for TDD demo purposes.

My first Test-Driven Development presentation - and concerns raised - level 100

1 Comments:

  • Don't worry so much about the GoF patterns. Patterns are something you refactor to. Learn the rhythm and tools of TDD and you will do fine.

    I once presented TDD to some co-workers and it was meet with a shocking abundence of disinterest. I don't think really understood what I was trying to communicate. My opinion of their reaction was a very polite, "Thank you for showing me this technology and breaking up what would have been a rather boring day. I'll go back to my desk now and forget what I just saw since it does not apply to me."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 29, 2005 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home